Hurricane Maria Sep. 20, 2017
Hurricane Irma Sep. 6, 2017
Opening to the 2017 Atlantic Hurricane Season on CTV News.
Hurricane Matthew – October 6, 2017
- CTV News
- Click third video on right side under “CTV News Channel: it’s been really chaotic”
- The John Oakly Show
- CBC Radio Quirks and Quarks – “Is Canada Prepared for a Hurricane Harvey Disaster?” click here
- Global News – “How did Hurricane Irma get to be a ‘monster’ storm and will it happen again?” (2017) click here
- Is climate change driving this year’s intense hurricane season? (2017) click here
- U of T hurricane expert on monster-sized Irma (2017) click here
- U of T experts on Tropical Storm Harvey, pounding Texas and Louisiana (2017) click here
- CBC News – Quirks & Quarks BlogSparkPhoto Galleries Hurricane Irma: What’s in a wind record? (2017) click here
- These are all the hurricanes that hit Canada since 1900 (2017) click here
- Humber News – Hurricane seasons set 30-year records click here
- Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society – Conference Notebook “Determining Hurricane Size Identifies Risks and Better Prepares the Public” July 2017 Edition.
- “It’s Personal, Size Matters: How Determining the Size of a Hurricane can Better Prepare the Public and Determine the Risks Associated with a Storm. American Meteorological Society 97th Conference. (2016) – click here
- “The Extratropical Transition of Hurricane Igor and the Impacts on Newfoundland”; Journal of Natural Hazards (2014); http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s11069-013-1027-x
- “Extratropical Transitions in Atlantic Canada: Impacts and Adaptive Responses” ; European Geosciences Union (2013); http://adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2013EGUGA..15.3149M
- “Extratropical Transitions in the North Atlantic with Special Reference to Hurricane Igor”; Memorial University of Newfoundland. Master’s of Science Thesis. http://research.library.mun.ca/10990/
- “Aviation and the Atmosphere”; Florida Institute of Technology Journal (2010). Print Version.
Recorded Conference Speeches:
- American Meteorological Society. 43rd Conference on Broadcast Meteorology; and the Third Conference on Weather Warnings and Communication. June 12, 2015.
- American Meteorological Society. Seattle, Washington. January 22 – 26, 2017. Meteorologist Athena Masson (Weather Goddess) presenting: “Size Matters. Determining the Size of Hurricanes to Build a Better Weather-Ready Nation.”